Members-only webinar series focused on professional success
Available only to IAIA members, the “Professional Success" webinar series looks at the business side of being successful in the field of impact assessment – everything from finding jobs to finding contracts to forming fair business partnerships to crafting winning proposals. Last month members discussedthe pros and cons of employment with major consultancies; now the conversation turns to networking and conferences.
Making the most of conference networking
Date: Wednesday, 16 March 2022
Cost: Free to current IAIA members
How to participate: Join IAIA today! Members will receive the registration link directly via email and in the Members Group of IAIAConnect.
Description: This webinar will give IAIA members strategies for making purposeful connections at the IAIA conference and beyond.
- How do you get over the awkwardness of meeting people?
- How do you identify who could be a useful business connection?
- Is it appropriate to be candid about what business opportunities you are looking for?
- What are some cultural differences to know about when networking?
Some of IAIA’s best conference networkers will share their approaches. This informal conversation will be moderated by IAIA President Marla Orenstein (Canada), joined by panelists Edith Birungi Kabuhire (South Africa), Gabriela Factor (Denmark), Behzad Raissiyan (Iran), and Peter Liebowitz (USA). The last 15 minutes will be devoted to questions from the audience.
Potential future topics include:
- Finding and winning bids for IA contracts
- Successful partnering for small/local consultancies
- Taking a job as an ESG / sustainability consultant
- Right size, right price on your proposal
- Procurement with the major development banks
- Professional success in Africa
- Professional success in Latin America
- Working in a political crisis
- Have an idea not on this list? Share it with us and we will see what we can do!
Registration links for each webinar will be shared with members via email and on IAIAConnect in the weeks leading up to each session. Join the webinar live to ask the presenters your own questions during Q&A. Not able to make it? Register anyway to get a link to the recording. The recordings will also be posted on the Members Only page of the IAIA website. Each webinar will run approximately 60-90 minutes.
Not yet a member? Join today to get access to this new members-only webinar series, plus a subscription to the IAPA journal, access to an impact assessment-focused professional networking community, and more!